Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing #6: Mashups

The mashup applications seem endless. I am amazed at all the ways you can organize and integrate photos by combining Flickr with these other applications. I am way behind the times! I'm lucky if I get the photos off the camera and printed at Walgreens once or twice a year!

In addition in the classroom setting, I can see having each student generate their own trading card as a way to introduce themselves to the class or as a component of our Social, Emotional Learning Curriculum. They could also use them to present step by step procedures for solving different algebraic problems. The Motivational print option would be great for creating posters for the classroom as well. The FD Toys site has some great applications that would turn photos into wonderful gift ideas as well. Mappr also is interesting with its geographic tie in and Trip Planner is a great tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment