Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #8: RSS

This is a great time saving, organizing device. Obviously it is great for following news stories and updates but for me it is a fast way to check for updates on sites that I forget what I have already looked at or don't visit very often. For example after going through a site looking for relevant flipcharts in my classroom, this would quickly allow me to check for all updates. Similarly for at home for topics for which I am only interested in updates. For example looking for new vergetarian recipes or weekly commentaries on bible stories or holidays for kids. I love being able to have all areas of interest go to one account/address.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea about setting up the RSS feed to look for updates to classroom resources. When I looked at RSS feeds myself, I was thinking about ways to use it for myself, but you have me thinking about ways to use the RSS feed for specific curriculum areas.

    ReplyDelete