Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #7 Google

I am amazed at all the features available through Google.

I created a google calendar. I would love to get organized enough to use this tool for our family as it was very user friendly. Being able to display the calendar in different formats is nice and being able to access it remotely by multiple family members is very useful. I can see setting up a course calendar in Google for the students to be able to view with particular assignments and test dates.

I also set up a Google alert to follow summer kid activities in Houston. Again tracking a news topic is a great classroom activity.

I played a little with Google docs and can see how it would be useful for student write ups that were done in groups.

Google Advanced search let me get some very specific references. It was helpful in looking for videos in Algebra which I could integrate into my classroom presentations next year. I can also see having the students look for 2-3 relevant videos on a specific topic and then have them present them to the class as way to increase student interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment